Hot stone massage is an ancient technique modernized by Mary Hannigan-Nelson's La Stone teachings in 1992. Basalt stones are heated and used by the therapist as an extension of their hands to massage your muscles. The warmed stones allow for a release of tension and stress which is both relaxing and therapeutic.
1. A Good Way to Manage Stress - Studies show that stress is the number one root of a lot of diseases and disorders. Whether it
is from work, home or daily activities, the result is the same; too much stress can lead to health problems. Because we
can never run away from it, the only way to deal with stress is to manage it efficiently. A hot stone massage offers
some relaxing time for your mind and does wonders in releasing muscular tension. Thus, this is one of the best ways
to relieve you of stress.
2. Effective in Muscle Relaxation - The heat in the stones is effective in enabling the muscles to loosen up and relax. This
makes it easier for the muscles to relax than having deep tissue manipulation.
3. Improves Health Conditions - More and more doctors are beginning to recommend hot stone therapy as part of medical
treatment for a lot of health problems such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, hypertension and musculoskeletal problems.
4. Allows Better Sleep - It is really hard to get a good quality sleep when you are over-fatigued. With the relaxation you get
from hot stone therapy, it makes it easier for you to doze off into a deep sleep which your body needs to recuperate
from daily fatigue. This is why people who have insomnia are often advised to get this therapy.
5. Relieves Pain - Manipulation of muscles can significantly reduce spasm and give comfort to painful muscles so
those who suffer from back pains or muscle aches often use hot stone therapy.
6. Improves Blood Circulation and Flow of Energy - The stones are placed on key points of your body known as energy centers
which are sometimes clogged or blocked. Massage with the hot stones encourages the flow of circulation and energy.
7. Allows for Easy Rehabilitation - Massage with hot stones can facilitate easy recovery from many types of injuries.
8. Releases Toxins from Your Body - When muscles are massaged with hot stones, toxins that are clogged within are released.
It is strongly advised that clients drink plenty of water after a session to help flush out those unhealthy and unwanted
9. Satisfies Human Longing for Warmth and Touch - Our loved ones are not always within reach when needed. The hot stones
are an extension of the therapist's hands and feel like a comforting big hug.
10. Gives you a Happy, Satisfied Feeling - A calming and soothing hot stone massage can do wonders in giving you an
emotional boost, leaving you with a happier and more positive outlook in life.